In the event of an emergency the Danish Representative Office is ready to help Danish nationals travelling in Palestine.
In case of emergency contact the Representative Office of Denmark in Ramallah.
Telephone: +972 (02) 241 5280
Monday - Thursday 09.00 - 15.00
Friday 09.00 - 12.00
Saturday - Sunday CLOSED
For emergency situations outside of office hours contact the Danish Foreign Ministry’s Global Emergency Center by phone: +45 33 92 11 12
Denmark has Missions across the world with Danish-speaking staff. Here you can find help and advice in Danish. Before your departure from Denmark it is advisable to write down phone number and address of the Danish Mission at your travel destination.
As a general rule, the Foreign Service of Denmark, which includes all Danish representations abroad, will assist Danish nationals and – as far as possible – foreigners with a permanent address in Denmark. However, Denmark’s assistance might not be accepted by the authorities of the country in question in cases where non-Danish nationals or persons with dual nationality are in conflict with the local authorities, e.g. cases of imprisonment.
Persons who - despite the fact that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises against all travel to Gaza - still choose to go there, must be aware that all expenses for any assistance to exit Gaza must be paid by the traveler. This also applies to the often considerable extra costs that the Embassy in Cairo and / or Representative Office in Ramallah might have in order to assist you.
The Representative Office can assist you with
- Transfer of money for a ticket back to Denmark
- Issuing of a new passport
- Contact lawyer in case of arrest
- Contact relatives in Denmark
- Contact insurance company in case of an accident, illness or death
- Information about high risk geographical areas
The Representative Office can NOT assist you with
- Disbursing loans or performing banking business
- Paying welfare benefits or pension
- Jail release or bail
- Payment of lawyer or legal costs
- Payment of hospital or doctor without guarantee from you, your bank or family
- Providing you with work or work permit
- Money transfer
As a general rule a fee is applicable to most services.